• Homepage
  • >
  • News
  • >
  • Two die after eating poison contaminated chips

Two die after eating poison contaminated chips

  • by African Times
  • 8 Days ago
  • 0

CHESTER MAKANA

African Times News Digital Edition | www.africantimesnews.co.za | @AfricanTimesSA

POLOKWANE- Three Limpopo children died while two have been taken hospital after they consumed expired chips in Waterberg district, Health authority in the province said.

The victims age between seven and fifteen allegedly picked expired chips at Sekgalgapeng village near Mokopane.

it is alleged that the two deceased and struggling friends picked fell unconscious after consuming chips, later two died and three were rushed to hospital.

Health spokesperson Thabiso Teffo said the two died on Friday evening after they were admitted for suspected organophosphate poison.

“We have activated our environmental health officials to investigate the issue, so that we can prevent further damage in the society,” said Teffo.

While investigations are underway Teffo urge parents and children in the area not to consume disposed chips or any other products.

However, authority said they are yet to identify the original source of the chips.

Two died at Voortrekker Hospital in Mokopane, said Teffo, adding that other three were rushed to Mankweng hospital and Voortrekkker respectively.

Teffo warn shop owners and informal traders not to dispose expired foods on the streets, saying it’s dangerous and deadly.

He appeal stakeholders to make use of lawful disposal avenue as it help preventing children to be exposed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: