Alleged serial rapist loses it in court

  • by Piet Rampedi
  • 3 Years ago
  • Comments Off


Suspected serial rapist Godfrey Ndivhuwo Ntshieni

IN THE DOCK: Suspected serial rapist Godfrey Ndivhuwo Ntshieni


GODFREY Ndivhuwo Ntshieni, the suspected serial killer facing multiple charges of rape, murder and robbery, lost it at the Limpopo High Court in Thohoyandou today and refused to co-operate with the judge.

He threw his body on the floor and laid facing down as Acting Judge Jackson Mushasha begged him to take his seat, much to the anger of families and relatives of the victims who accused Ntshieni of arrogance.

Ntshieni, the 24-year old former University of Venda Bachelor of Science student, allegedly raped, murdered and robbed five women on and off the campus in 2014.

In court today, Ntshieni took many by surprise when he stormed out of the witness box and went to lie on the ground, with his stomach pressed against the floor, claiming fatique.

“He told the judge to continue while he was lying down refusing to stand up. He was saying he is tired and the judge must continue with the case because he could hear everything,” said an eye witness.

“When the judge asked him to take his seat, he said ‘continue, I can hear you’. Some families were angry, saying ‘this man is arrogant’.”

Ntshieni was arrested in July 2004 following a spate of rapes and murders at Golgotha Section in Thohoyandou.

Police said his alleged victims included students, school girls and a staff member. They were all ambushed, raped, murdered and robbed of their personal belongings including cellphones.

Police alleged that Livhuwani Mmbodi was Ntshieni’s first victim. The university student was found dead in early 2014 after being hit with a sharp object at the back of her head.

His second alleged victim was a nine year old girl who had disappeared while playing in the street of Golgotha, about 500 meters from the university’s entrance.

Her body was found dumped in the yard of a private resident in the area the following day.

Police claimed that Ntshieni escalated his reign of terror the following month. This time he had allegedly attacked Shudu Thagisa (23), a nursing student, while she was walking to the bus stop in the early hours of the morning two years ago.

Thagisa’s cellphone was confiscated and her neck slightly cut. She was hospitalised and later discharged after spending months in the ICU.

She died a few months later.

Ntshieni had allegedly also attacked, raped and murdered university cleaner Brenda Ndovhe (46) as she walked to work early morning.

Weeks later, the man had allegedly pounced on an eight year old grade three learner at the nearby Nazareen Private School.

The young girl had disappeared while playing inside the school premises after classes.

Her body had been found in a street at Golgotha Section. Police said had they found two condoms near her body with toilet roll inserted into her private parts.

After residents and students had protested and demanded action from the police, Ntsieni was picked up.

Police said they had found two cellphones and a hair pin belonging to some of the victims in his possession.

Ntshieni’s trial resumed this week, with the eight-year old victim’s father Mbulaheni Mashau telling the court he had been so traumatised when called to identify her body in the street.

Judge Mushasha blamed school principal Dickson Tshivhase and security guard Ratshilumela Mudau for having failed to secure the premises on the day the girl was snatched.

The court heard that Mudau had left work earlier than usual after Tshivhase went shopping.

The court was packed

with the victims’ family members, relatives and students.

Ntshieni has so far appeared to show very little remorse.

He repeatedly complained this week that he could not concentrate on the trial because he felt exhausted.

Ntshieni claimed he had been subjected to unhealthy living conditions in jail and also starved.

More than five witnesses including police officers have already testified.

The trial continues.

%d bloggers like this: